I decided to make these soft cookies using tea leaves and paired them with hojicha milk tea. I ground the tealeaves using a mill and added it to the cookie dough. I thought it was a great ideas because you can consume all of the nutrients in the tea leaves and make sure that the old tea leaves don’t go to waste. You can also enjoy the nice roasted aroma of the tea when you bake them. Please give it a try yourself! 😊
(Sencha 8 pieces and hojicha 8 pieces)
Salted butter 100g
Brown sugar 100g
Baking powder 1g
:: Instructions ::
- Preheat the oven to 170℃/338℉.
- Grind the sencha and hojicha separately using a mill.
- Put the flour and baking powder into a bowl and mix them together. You don’t need to sift it.
- Microwave the butter and let it melt fully.
- Put the butter and sugar into another bowl and mix them together using a whisk.
- Add 3. to 5. and mix them together.
- Divide 6. into half and add sencha and hojicha to each of them.
- Divide the sencha dough and the hojicha dough into eight pieces each and roll them into a ball shape. Place a parchment paper on the baking tray and place the ball shaped dough on it.
- Bake them in the oven for 12-13 minutes. If you prefer a soft texture make sure not to bake too long.
- Cool it down a little bit and it’s all done.